Hello, my name is Liesel Wessels. I am a Fine Artist, based in a little city called Bloemfontein, South Africa. I specialize in realistic drawings and paintings of People, with a subtle Christian Narrative. My preferred mediums are Graphite Pencils, Soft Pastels, and Oil Paint. I work mostly from photographs, but love to do life studies when I get the opportunity.
My personal work deals with self-believe, and identity, especially regarding my daily battle as a Christian to realign myself to God’s word. It is also about God’s values in contrast to the World’s. I have art collectors all over South Africa, as well as overseas. In addition, I have created a wide range of custom-made portraits for customers. Topics varies from babies, children, couple, families to classical nudes.
• 2002 | Private Art Classes @Ernst de Jongh Academy, Pretoria
• 2003 – 2006 | BA Fine Arts (UFS)
• Art Workshops with a wide variety of Artists, including Pauline Gutter, René Snyman, and Mariaan Kotze
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
• 4 Artworks selected for 2018 Best of Bloem Exhibition
• 2 Artworks selected for 2017 Best of Bloem Exhibition
• 3 Ceramic Pieces selected for 2004 Free State Ceramic Exhibition