Hello, my name is Liesel Wessels, I was born in Bloemfontein, grew up in Mthatha and matriculated at Hoërskool Grens in East London. Art has always been a passion since a very young age. I’ve always loved drawing portraits and figures, but it was during my years at UFS that I realized that I had a knack to capture people’s likeness.
I do the occasional wildlife and I am also passionate about ceramics, but my biggest specialty is realistic Portrait & Figurative Art. It is my goal and hope to become one of South Africa’s (preferably the world) Top Portrait Artists. Currently, I am living in Bloemfontein and work from a small studio at my home.
Over the course of many years, I have created hundreds of commissions for people all over South Africa as well as overseas. Portrait Topics that range from babies, wildlife, couples, families, wedding, to classical nudes.
Click here form more information about pricing and options.
My Personal Work:
My personal work deals with self-believe, and identity, especially regarding my daily battle as a Christian to realign myself to God’s word. It is also about God’s values in contrast to the World’s. I have sold my art pieces to collectors all over South Africa, as well as Australia, France, and Spain.
• 2002 | Private Art Classes @Ernst de Jongh Academy, Pretoria
• 2003 – 2006 | BA Fine Arts (UFS)
• Art Workshops with a wide variety of Artists, including Pauline Gutter, René Snyman, and Mariaan Kotze
Awards & Achievements:
• 4 Artworks selected for 2018 Best of Bloem Exhibition
• 2 Artworks selected for 2017 Best of Bloem Exhibition
• 3 Ceramic Pieces selected for 2004 Free State Ceramic Exhibition