HOW LONG WILL A PORTRAIT COMMISSION TAKE?
The timing of each artwork depends on the following criteria:
- Prior Commitments such as other commissions, exhibitions, workshops and more
- Style of the artist. Realism will always take more time than line drawings and other styles of artworks.
- Size of artwork. Larger Pieces usually take more more time than smaller artworks
- Type of art Medium. Oil takes the longest as it needs to be completely dry before you can add a layer varnish or have it couriered to it destination
- Intricacy of the details. More details = more time
- Difficulty of subject matter. Portraits are among the most difficult subjects as it needs to be 100% precise. Therefore, it will usually take much longer than still-life and simplistic landscapes.
- Last but not least other intricacies involved like whether it is a life sitting or if there a photoshoot involved can play a role in the time it takes from start to finish.
Please note, that I am currently fully booked 4 – 5months in advance, so please book time-sensitive projects long in advance.